Day 4: 30/60/90
I thought the class I was going to was going to be "Whipped" but turns out, I ended up in 30/60/90 - a non-stop, sweaty, cardio-centric HIIT class.
You guessed it - exercises performed for 30 seconds, 60 seconds and 90 seconds. There is literally NO rest the entire class. You're "recovery" is all active recovery which means non-stop moving. At the end of each interval, you're encouraged to step it up a notch for the final 15 seconds!
This class used a step, a body bar and yourself for a mix of plyometric, cardio and strength moves.
WHAT I LIKED
- SO MUCH SWEAT! There is no way to leave this class feeling like you didn't get in a good workout.
- Since I was taking the week off from running, I liked that this class had a lot of cardio moves with the stepper. That being said, when I'm running a lot, I tend to try to find gym classes that focus more on strength for my cross-training days.
- The class ended with 3 :30 intervals where you picked your 3 favorite moves from the class. Freestyle!
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE
- The instructor didn't really give any corrections - because he had to stay at the front of the room constantly letting us know what was up next.
- Jumping is rough on my shins, especially on hard gym floors. 30/60/90 has a lot of jumping.
This class is not for the faint of heart. Now that I've gone once, it would be really daunting for me to get my butt in there again knowing how much work it was going to be. But it's totally worth it for the sweat & endorphins you'll have at the end of 45 minutes!